Hardware, Options, and Misc
Below is a summary of hardware, options, and other stuff
- Frosted, Renaissance, Clean, Black - You Choose.
Tension Hoop and Hooks
- 16 hook with thin hoop - My personal favorite, simple, light, and streamlined.
- 24 hook with notched hoop.
- Grooved hoop
- Planetary or friction.
- No Knot (or equivalent) type tailpiece - Let me know if you want alternate.
- Standard three leg.
- I like to use clear finishes to highlight to natural character/beauty of the wood chosen for your banjo. We can discuss staining types and colors to suit your wishes.
- All banjos are finished with a Satin polyurethane finish, which retains the organic wood feel (not plastic coated) and protects it on your adventures.
All banjos will be shipped with proper setup including:
- Head tension set at 89 to 91 pounds
- Light strings
- The Bridge will be layed down to shipping. The buyer will be responsible for bridge placement and intonation.
Note: New banjos require a settling period where the head tension will relax through time as the banjo head stretches to static form. There are many website designed to assist in setup or contact me. (Recommend you purchase head tension meter for uniform head tension).
Banjo Case (open-back specific) - Recommend shipment in new hard case. SBC requires that all banjos must be shipped in a case for protection.
- Soft Shell – Padded - At Cost (approximately $40.00)
- Hard Shell – At Cost (approximately $100+)